Sooooo here it goes. Tomorrow the month of November starts and I am getting ready to grow a mustache in the name of prostate cancer.

For me the month of November will be the month of Movember (MOustache + nOVEMBER). As many of you may know I used to work in cancer research and I have seen first hand how terrible cancer is and how important research is under funded.

I am donating my face to raising awareness. Hopefully all of you can help me raise some cash. If you feel like donating follow the link and donate to “Flashin Stache, Raisin Cash” or me “Douglas Fairbanks”. http://us.movember.com/mospace/635272/

For fun I will be taking a daily photo of my new stache. I will try to capture the fun and adventures my new stache and I will embark on.

Thank you for your support.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Ask me about my MO - Day 8

MO stands for Monday and on Mondays we work. 

Dr. Orton said "Doug, I like your stache but I wouldn't trust you around my children." HAHA,  raising awareness is not easy.  My buddy Andrew joined in this weekend and was met with mixed reactions today "I'm getting a lot of questionable looks with my mustache now... Not sure how much longer I can hold out".  

I think its great.  If our MOs didn't stand out we wouldn't have the opportunity to have the important conversations about our cause.  Testicular and prostate cancer is a one of the most serious cancers effecting adult males but do to its private nature it is know well supported.

The American Cancer Society estimates that there will be 217,370 new cases of prostate cancer in 2010 and 32,050 deaths from prostate cancer.  

Please take a couple of minutes and donate a couple of dollars to help a cause that maybe effecting someone closer to you then you realize.  Donation link to the right.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment