Sooooo here it goes. Tomorrow the month of November starts and I am getting ready to grow a mustache in the name of prostate cancer.

For me the month of November will be the month of Movember (MOustache + nOVEMBER). As many of you may know I used to work in cancer research and I have seen first hand how terrible cancer is and how important research is under funded.

I am donating my face to raising awareness. Hopefully all of you can help me raise some cash. If you feel like donating follow the link and donate to “Flashin Stache, Raisin Cash” or me “Douglas Fairbanks”. http://us.movember.com/mospace/635272/

For fun I will be taking a daily photo of my new stache. I will try to capture the fun and adventures my new stache and I will embark on.

Thank you for your support.

Monday, November 15, 2010

It takes a MO to make a Man - Day 15

El Moustacho had a great post for today but while getting ready to upload it I was looking thru the progress photos and todays shot was similar to the first of the month.  

I thought it would be interesting to see the two shots side by side. 



I am getting a lot of looks at work and having a lot of interesting conversations.  I see subtle changes but there is a dramatic change for those who haven't seen me.  Maybe you can use my adventure as a way to have conversations about prostate and testicular cancer with those around you.

I mentioned TD2 in yesterdays post and I want to thank Carol my former co-worker for contributing.  Thank you for all your support.  As always, I really appreciate the donations that are made thru the link on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment