Sooooo here it goes. Tomorrow the month of November starts and I am getting ready to grow a mustache in the name of prostate cancer.

For me the month of November will be the month of Movember (MOustache + nOVEMBER). As many of you may know I used to work in cancer research and I have seen first hand how terrible cancer is and how important research is under funded.

I am donating my face to raising awareness. Hopefully all of you can help me raise some cash. If you feel like donating follow the link and donate to “Flashin Stache, Raisin Cash” or me “Douglas Fairbanks”. http://us.movember.com/mospace/635272/

For fun I will be taking a daily photo of my new stache. I will try to capture the fun and adventures my new stache and I will embark on.

Thank you for your support.

Monday, November 1, 2010

New Mo - Day 1

Day one of my Mo (Mustache).  It appears that I have amassed a certain level of prestige over night. 

All kidding aside it was an exciting first day with my new little buddy.  We started our day like I start most of my days.  We went directly to the hospital.  Although my little Mo was in its infancy it was the source of some interesting conversation. 

I quickly realized the seriousness of what I was undertaking.  How was I going to care for it?  Not to mention the impact it would have on my social life as Dr. Peters pointed out.   He was right.  I am pretty young to be bringing this little guy up all on my own and I’m not sure girls my age will understand my circumstances. 

However, I will not be discouraged.  Instead I would like to build a team, get some Mo Bros to pursue greatness with me.  I am actively looking for teammates.  Maybe you are afraid because you don’t think you have what it takes to GROW a proper MO.  Maybe you are afraid of what people will think.  Well you are right, people will likely think you’re a weirdo and wonder why you have that on your face.  I think you should try anyway.

I want to welcome Mark Perzi, a buddy of mine from college, to the team.  In today’s photo my friend rocks a MO years AGO.  I would like to extend an invitation to Joel Christian to bring it back and get onboard, this time with purpose!

Thanks for the support.


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you bromosexual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become happy to have a look at this newsletter after searching at google, after reading I have written a chunk of the article about red delicious apple nutrition Thank you for the thing and supporting me.

    ReplyDelete